AI NO DERRIDA

Wednesday, 10 November 2010

Existing Decor In New Work Space

These photos were stuck on the walls of my partners work space when he moved in 7 years ago. Unfortunately his boss insisted in taking them down and painting the place. The Hackney based building had previously been a factory that made paper flowers, and these are what the workers left behind. One wall was covered in postcards from across Europe, all addressed to the same woman. Other pictures were of the wedding of Princess Ann and Captain Mark Philips and one of Ked Dodd. John saved what he could and brought them home.





6 comments:

  1. I heart Oliver Reed too. I'd put him all over my walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you own your own house, what's stopping you? Nice pictures. Good to see George Chakiris up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, should've said 'If I had no taste whatsoever - I'd put him all over my walls'. My mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy seeing his wee cheeky face peeping out from my bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah we should reproduce the wall at home - that would be great - only problem is a lot of the photos were very frail and didn't survive being pulled off the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How long was it since the premises had been a factory? It looks like the place had been closed for a loooong time. Fairly fresh walls and really old pics.

    ReplyDelete