AI NO DERRIDA

Thursday, 16 December 2010

The Day After



This controversial made for TV film tried to simulate what an actual full scale nuclear strike would be like. I read up on this film and it mentioned that they used available CIA intelligence to make this as realistic as possible. I do question though if the cars and motorcycles of the time would shut down during an electromagnetic pulse. Either way it was real enough to scare, and I can't even begin to recount how many nightmares I had after seeing this as a kid.

2 comments:

  1. I remember watching this myself although I have to say that it looks like 'Falcon Crest' in comparison to its UK counterpart 'Threads'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do love the apple pie church-going build up before the bombs land. they never knew what hit 'em!

    ReplyDelete