AI NO DERRIDA

Wednesday, 29 December 2010

Dr Who?!?



Dr. Wolfgang Adolfus Ratfink Von Petal, that's who!

I had literally just sat down, randomly flicking through the channels, finding myself confronted by this slice of early seventies surreal humour on BBC2. Yes, it's Patrick Troughton guest starring in The Goodies!

Actually, Pat's performance is a bit silly, but some of the other scenes in this episode are surprisingly risqué, and the fight scene at the end is Goodies slapstick at its finest.

3 comments:

  1. I've been loving these Goodies repeats. They're a real tonic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently the BBC were not going to show the Goodies this xmas.. But i bet they're rejoicing now as the ratings are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's weird, I had absolutely ZERO recollection of this one as I was watching it, unlike the others. Also, I'd thought all of the previously restored episodes were on the two DVD sets of BBC episodes, yet this one isn't. Could that mean there are more to come?!?! I sure hope so!

    ReplyDelete