Saturday, 11 December 2010

Possibly the worst paperback cover of all time...

I can only imagine that the artist had never read the novel before he rendered this. As BAD as it is,I still love it. It reminds me of the art in early role-playing game books.


  1. It's a house but it looks like a skull! Amazing!

    Wish I could do drawing as good as that bloke.

    I bet he's so wacky he lives in a house like that. I wonder what his garage is shaped like?

  2. I also like it, although it doesn't suit the book at all. It looks like a teenage metalhead's attempt at illustrating 'The Fall Of The House Of Usher'. Which is pretty darned sweet.

  3. Yes, I do defintly like it - although tis not the book. Where's the comic swine-men?

  4. Brilliant drawing. Are you on any vintage covers groups on Flickr?
    Thanks for posting.

  5. No, I'm not I'm afraid. I do have an old book cover blog, which can be found here... where most of these posts have been culled from. I don't have a scanner at the mo and most of my books are in storage, but over Xmas I should have some access to both, so I shall post some more here and there.