Sunday, 2 January 2011

The Haunted Mansion

Mike Tyson had this mansion built in Southington, Ohio at the height of his fame in the 1980's. He decorated it in in his own style, sort of Scarface meets Jayne Mansfield. God only knows what went on here. The cages, by the way, were for the lions Tyson kept as pets and (he claims) sparring partners.

The current owner owes several million dollars in taxes so, until the IRS dispose of it, the abandoned house is left to slowly decay. Offers in the region of $2.5 million, but I'll bet you could knock the price right down for cash.


  1. And poor money management. I think in the Tyson documentary he claims to have blown something like 150 million dollars. I hope it was fun.

  2. 'This post has been removed by the author' - Hmm, not removed enough. Anyway, I like the look of the place.

  3. definitely haunting... in a way reminds me of the restaurant British boxer Randolph Turpin built, a tragic figure