Thursday, 17 February 2011

Ghost Signs

A cool idea.

Every city should have one of these.

Actually, quite a lot of cities do, it seems.


  1. I have been looking at a number of Ghost Signs today in Southsea.
    I intend to photograph them and get them onto my flckr page soon.
    Have you got any others???? If you have would be great to see them.

  2. Keith, why don't you post them on here? We can make that happen, if you'd like, I have your e-mail address.

  3. Thanks. Sounds good to me. Just been looking at a few Ghost Signs I have. Please feel free to email me.

  4. NYC has tons of these ghost signs. I've always loved them.

  5. A ghost signs flickr group..

    And a set of ghost signs from Glasgow...

  6. we have a hotline in belgium! i heard this on national radio.

    Association 'Talking Walls' from Londerzeel wants the mural of "Olijfje1938' to restore. That mural is Olive Oyl (Popeye's girlfriend), electric cooking and prices. Olive is a pilot project because the association wants an inventory of all remaining advertising murals in Flanders and Brussels. To protect them. The commercial murals give insight into the past is sliding era. It's heritage.

    Artist Gerard Alsteens (GAL), Ambassador of the action. And Peeters & Pichal support the intitiatief. And for this we need your help: Where can we find old advertising murals? You know from what period they date? Please tell us! Also pictures are welcome. That may be sent to