AI NO DERRIDA

Monday, 21 March 2011

Malá Morská Víla


Czech fairytale masterpiece from 1976. Amazing sets, costumes, and music (the latter courtesy of genius composer Zdeněk Liška, whose score to the film was recently released on CD & vinyl by the good folks over at Finders Keepers). Recommended if you enjoyed Valerie and Her Week of Wonders. Here is a link to grab the whole film with English subtitles (which doesn't exist on DVD - I had to add the subs myself). Very rare, so get it now while you can...

11 comments:

  1. Wow. Thanks, Gregory, that's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Screening tomorrow in LA http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=140359669362933

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this. I bought the CD just t'other week. Now have pictures to go with the sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally found some time to hit the download, so just thought I'd add to the chorus and say MUCH APPRECIATED. Really looking forward to watching this one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found a DVD, but without subtitles: http://www.dvdedice.cz/dvd-filmy/rodinny/mala-morska-vila-i-55186/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gregory thank you SOOO much for making English subtitles for this movie, I've really wanted to see this, but I couldn't understand what was being said.
    Hats off to you. The movie is hauntingly beautiful.
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, would it be possible if you could email me this film Malá Morská Víla with the English subtitles you made? I thought I had it saved but I can't find it anymore.:(
    Thanks.

    Rebekah,

    ReplyDelete