Sunday, 16 October 2011

Books for your Children.

Here are some books (and a periodical) that I rescued last week from a skip outside a university Educational Studies department. There were a lot more old textbooks, teaching manuals and the like too - I just grabbed the ones with eye-catching cover art. I would have made an effort to alert enthusiasts of vintage educational literature to this haul, but by the following afternoon it was all buried under smashed up plywood and paint tins, and a day later it was all gone. Quite a shame.

Sadly ‘Marianne Dreams’ and ‘The Owl Service’ (the two of these I’d actually have most liked to read) are all torn up with lots of missing pages, but I like the artwork enough to want to keep them around. I also saved a few other curious volumes that I might do individual posts on in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment