Friday, 28 September 2012
Thursday, 13 September 2012
Wednesday, 12 September 2012
Read about this album The 1612 Underture (Its about the Pendle Witches) by The Eccentronic Research Council and Maxine Peake in The Guardian, a few weeks ago. Liked what I read and went out and got a copy. Have been playing it almost non stop for 2 weeks. Its a fantastic album and def one of my albums of the year. More pics and info here. Almost forgot to say, its out on the ever wonderful Finders Keepers/Bird label. Also I never knew there was an A666???? How about that.
Monday, 10 September 2012
This week is Information TV week with Ninetyeightytwo.
For the uninitiated, Information TV is nothing short of the pinnacle of human endeavour.
I will, of course, be accepting guest posts.
I will accept posts on the following topics:
1. Information TV & Me – Tell me just what makes Information TV so special for you.
2. Do You Remember The First Time? - Tell me about how you initially discovered Information TV!
3. Pick Of The Litter – Tell me about your favourite Information TV show!
4. Information TV Guilty Pleasures – Come on, guys! Everybody has one.
5. Information TV Desired Programming – Basically, if you were employed as head commissioner for Information TV (a dream job if ever there was one!), what sort of quality programming would you commission?
It all promises to be rather a lot of fun. In fact, this is the best thing to happen to the blogosphere since they had Zardoz Week on Mounds & Circles.
All that remains is to wish you a happy Information TV Week, and I hope you can join me!
Thursday, 6 September 2012
I was having a rummage through some old comics/magazines recently, and came across a copy of Demon from 1978. Demon was published by Portman Distribution, who basically would reprint stories from Marvel Horror Magazines, Hence Morbius and Satana featuring a lot. This strange depiction of Stonehenge comes from a story featuring Gabrial...... Devil Hunter. Now I have not been to Stonehenge for a few years, but I am sure the mighty trilithons never really looked like this. Stonehenge??????? I Don't Think So.