AI NO DERRIDA

Thursday, 7 March 2013

Cine World Music for your Movies

Sometime ago I posted some copies of the wonderful Amateur Cine World magazine onto Found Objects. Last week I popped into a newly opened charity shop to have a very swift browse, and found this copy of the Amateur Cine World Music for your Movies album.
What was even more pleasing was that on further inspection it still had the original dubbing licence enclosed in the sleeve. The music is a tad predictable, but far from unlisenable.  Very handy album if you have recently been to France or Paris with your 8mm camara and need some licence free music. If so, then Side 1 track 9: Bistro is for you. A chirpy little tune full of accordiens to give you that Gallic feel. What about something to accompany your 8mm film of The Trooping of the Colour?? then it has to be Side 1 track 1: Heraldic Overture. Maybe you have just made your own 8mm spy thriller? then suspense and mystery is surely needed, Side 2 track 1: Outbreak and track 5: High Tension are the ones to use, both tracks  full of 60s Trench Coat tension and chase. Also included is the  wonderful Laurie Johnson track Las Vegas, which we all know as the Music from the long running (1962 - 1983) BBC Childrens program Animal MagicThis album really is spot on, and if I ever do get the time I will try to get some of it onto soundcloud or something like that.


9 comments:

  1. Great find. The picture illustrating 'action' on picture 4 just made me laugh more than is probably healthy at this point in the evening...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloody brilliant! Cheers for bunging it up, Keith. I want one.

    Trainspottery note: this cover was nabbed, Stereolab stylee, by the lovely PRAM:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26656689@N02/2641785673/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have NEVER found anything this fascinating in a charity shop. Am I living in the wrong areas or frequenting the wrong charity shops?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, brilliant find - something we don't have to think about these days: production music to overdub onto home movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ninetyeightytwo > He's a bugger, that Keith, always seems to find the best stuff. I bet he doesn't even riffle through all the landfill, either - just strolls up to the rack, parts the slab and there it is - charity shop gold. :D

    BC > I'd love to find examples of home movies that used these tracks. I wonder how many cine camera buffs had a go at an actual mystery & suspence film, or romance?

    I imagine there are loads that are lost forever because, unlike photographs, they're still a pain to digitise, and quite expensive. It can only be done by sending off to someone, right?

    I've got some short bits of super-8 hanging around somewhere - we did an alien autopsy. Must get them done before that sort of thing becomes unavailable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny thing is that I always think that about other people with regards to finding good and interesting things. I was lucky with this album. I should ad that I also got a Mike Vickers Captain Kremin single as well. I do rummage through the landfill and have been known to detect a skip at 1.5 mile range. But To find a a box of old super 8. That would be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bollops - You can buy a small box-like thing called a 'Cine to Video Converter', that will convert cine to VHS. I've used one ages ago. I presume the output could go straight into a computer, as you project the cine film onto the side plate then film what comes out of the box on a video camera. I found it in a charity shop funnily enough, and it didn't look too expensive new, that was probably in the late-1980s. It worked very good; the only trouble is that it produced a small red glowing circle on the VHS tape, but that might have been my fault.

    There's one for sale here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Camlink-CVC100-Photo-Slide-Cine-Film-Video-Converter-Transfer-Your-Old-Movies-/390555826927?pt=UK_Photography_VintagePhotography_VintagePhotoAccessories&hash=item5aeef0faef

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh cool, thanks fir the tip!

    ReplyDelete