AI NO DERRIDA

Sunday, 23 June 2013

Re-found: Star Trek Annual 1975


My old annual found in a dark, dusty corner of the garage proving an unexpected hit with my six-year-old son, who's never even seen the original series (my bad).

He particularly likes 'The Mummies of Heitius VII'.

That was my favourite too.

I was six in 1975.

I can't see an artist or writer credits anywhere. Shame, cos the art and stories ain't bad.

Smells delightfully musty. Internet still can't replicate that.


UPDATE: After posting the above, I became curious to track down a little more information on these comic strips. It didn't take long to discover that they were originally published in comic book form by Gold Key Comics, and the artist was Alberto Giolitti. 

The three stories reproduced in this annual were originally published as follows:

Although I only ever owned the 1975 annual, it seems that the Gold Key material was reproduced in annual form here in the UK from 1969 onwards. Full list of editions here.

So there!

1 comment:

  1. Bloody 'ell, I had this one! Nice bit of detective work, N.E. "WHA-A-A-A-T?!"

    ReplyDelete