Sunday, 13 September 2015

Weirdness in Mainstream Pop pt .2 - Garden of Big Silver Balls

Dana - All Kinds of Everything, Eurovision Song Contest 1970.

If the Mary Hopkins tune was several sheets of  tinfoil held in horizontal vibrating stasis in a wind tunnel, shaking off layers of talcum powder and sawdust, then this one is those same sheets of tinfoil smoothed out and used as mirrors in a tudor garden bursting with wax fruit and stuffed birds.


  1. I always had a soft spot for young Dana. The big silver balls put me in mind of the Hipgnosis designed 'Obsession' album cover by UFO. I'll get my coat.

    1. I'm with you! Also that painting by Magritte, and the thing in Brussels.

  2. Thank you for giving posts and articles were very amazing. I really liked as a part of the article. With a nice and interesting topics. Has helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know. You need more publicize this because many people. Who know about it very few people know this. Success for you....!!!